Unused paints + empty containers = NEW PAINT!
I only buy large amounts of paint about two times a year. Having to replace a few colors regularly throughout the year (white, black, red).
To extend the life of my paints and avoid WASTE of colors that are not my favorite, I create color combinations that I may have used before and new combinations I have been wanting to try.
If you cannot come up with any color combinations that you would like, pair colors by hue. Put warms with warms and cools with cools. Match like colors in different shades. A color combination of multiple shades of blue will always provide more depth than a flat single color.
What do you need?
Empty paint containers
Half used paint containers
Plastic butter knife
Take your old empty paint containers and REUSE them. RECYCLE your unused paints by mixing and matching them into your favorite color combinations.
Color combination suggestions:
1. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue & purple (Rainbow: this will be your most popular cake, hands down)
2. Teal, Pink, Purple (butterflies, Princess Crowns, flowers)
3. Red with thin strip of white (roses)
4. True green, forest green with thin strip of black (leaves)
5. Yellow, Red with thin strip of black (fire)